Learn more about trauma and disrespect from the Family Trauma Institute.
Under Dr. Sells’ guidance, you will learn how to:
- Evaluate how extreme disrespect is caused by an imbalance of love or limits, an upside-down hierarchy, and family trauma using the FST| Family Systems Trauma Model.
- Locate “undercurrents” or the hidden causes of a child or adolescent’s extreme disrespect to know where to tap and quickly intervene at a root level.
- Integrate a 7-question FST motivational technique to motivate even your toughest parents to show up and see disrespect as a family problem to solve and not just a “fix my kid” problem.
- Utilize step-by-step FST tools, scripts, and handouts to quickly heal the extreme disrespect in the child but also the fallout of trauma within the entire family.
- See and treat extreme disrespect from a family systems lens through actual video case studies. The videos will be paused at strategic points in the session so that that you can be part of the story, ask questions, and replicate the tools with your cases.
Recording available for 30 days beginning May 7, 2021.
3.0 Continuing education hours available from NBCC and ASWB.
Certificates will be emailed to participants after completion of course evaluation and post-test.
Refunds are not available.